Recipe by shells75
A friend of mine brought some of this into work for me to try and I had to get the recipe. It's delicious! I submitted this exactly how it was given to me. I used thin spaghetti (my preference), melted the cream cheese almost all the way before mixing with spaghetti, mixed the ground beef with tomato sauce before layering (by mistake).
Top Review by Queen B
HUGE hit at my house full of men! They insist that I do not make spaghetti any other way and have to agree with them. This is so easy, flavorful and freezes great. Like others noted, instead of layering, I just mixed all ingredients together and put in casserole and topped with the cheese before baking. Instead of spaghetti sauce, I used 1 lg. can of chopped tomatoes and 1 lg. can of pureed tomato. I used a blend of shredded cheese and I like that better than just mozzarella.
Thanks for posting!!
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese (cut up)
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained (crumbly)
- 30 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- season with salt and pepper (or anything else as you see fit)
Directions See How It's Made
- The recipe calls for a 9x13 casserole, but I usually split it between two 8x8 pans (increasing the spaghetti, beef, sauce and mozarella slightly if needed) and freeze one of them for another time.
- Cook the spaghetti and drain, but don't rinse.
- Put it right back in the warm pot and add the cream cheese.
- Blend the cream cheese until melted with the spaghetti and then blend in the sour cream.
- Put spaghetti mixture into greased pan.
- Layer some of the mozarella, then the beef, then a little more mozarella.
- Spread the spaghetti sauce across and then put the rest of the mozarella on top.
- Bake at 350 (or maybe 375?) for 30- 35 minutes- until a knife comes out clean.
- Let it stand for 5 or 10 minutes.