Broccoli & Cream Cheese Casserole
I got this recipe from another web site and posting it here for safe keeping. I haven't tried it yet, but hopefully I'll be able to soon.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli spears
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope lipton dry onion soup mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 18 Ritz crackers, crushed (1/2 sleeve)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- black pepper
- white pepper
- onion powder
- cayenne pepper
- Cook broccoli according to package directions until tender then drain well.
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, minced garlic and soup mix.
- Fold in water chestnuts and add seasonings to taste.
- Combine drained broccoli with cream cheese mixture being careful not to break up broccoli.
- Place in lightly buttered 9 inch square casserole dish or 1 1/2 quart oblong baking dish.
- Combine ritz crackers with melted butter.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese then top with crushed cracker mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I enjoyed this dish fairly well, but with some adjustments, it would be perfect for our tastes. I'm not usually one to shy away from lots of cheese, but I found the cheese mixture to be way overpowering for the amount of broccoli, and I would cut down on the onion soup mix. Adjusting those two factors, this would be spot on.Reply
see 5 more