Recipe by KristenErinM
This is a recipe i adapted from taste of home's section on good food that's good for you. very easy and very very good. i prepared this in the evening and then baked the next day. leftovers are just as good.
- 6 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon low-fat butter
- 26 ounces no-sugar-added spaghetti sauce (ragu)
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- cook spaghetti according to package directions. drain and add parmesan and butter, coat and set aside. in mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients (only combine 1 1/2 cups of mozarella). add spaghetti and toss to coat. transfer spaghetti mixture to a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. top casserole with remaining 1 1/2 cups mozarella. cover with foil. bake 350 for 40-45 minute.
- this is identified as having less than 300 cal. per serving and less than 12 g. fat.