Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my aunt's recipe and is a family favorite. I add chicken for my must-have-meat man, but if you use protein pasta and don't forget the cottage cheese, you can still get a good amount of protein out of this meatless meal. I know it sounds weird, but Spaghetti & Broccoli is not the same without the cottage cheese! Refrigerates well and is even better the second day.
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 1 head broccoli floret
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced (depends on your taste)
- salt & pepper
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- Cook spaghetti and drain.
- Steam broccoli and drain. (You can also use a bag of frozen broccoli.).
- In a small sauce pan, heat olive oil and garlic over low heat. Heat until garlic floats, about five minutes.
- In a large bowl or Dutch oven-size pan, combine spaghetti and broccoli.
- Pour in oil and garlic and toss to cover. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with a dollop of cold cottage cheese.