Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very healthy muffin recipe from the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 cup soy flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or 1 cup graham flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon other shortening
- Preheat oven to 425F and grease muffin pan.
- Mix and sift first five ingredients together.
- Combine milk, beaten egg and shortening; add to dry ingredients stirring only enough to moisten.
- Do not beat; batter should not be smooth.
- Fill prepared muffin pan 2/3 full and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the muffin size.