Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very pretty and tasty vegetable to serve around a roast of any kind or as a side.
- 8 medium onions, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 (5 ounce) Kraft cheese spread with bacon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Boil onions about 10 minutes, or until just barely done. Drain and cool.
- Scoop out centers, leaving half-inch shell.
- Chop onion taken from centers and cook in butter with chopped tomatoes until tender.
- Add bread crumbs, cheese spread and seasoning and mix well.
- Fill onions and bake, uncovered, in preheated 350* oven 30-40 minutes.