Recipe by iewe
There are lots of Souvlaki recipes on here, but this one is just a bit different. Pretty simple, using lamb. Could tweek to ones own taste with additional herbs, etc.
- 2 lbs lamb, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 lemons, cut in half
- sea salt or kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oregano, freshly chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thread four or five pieces of lamb on metal skewers. Lay the finished skewers in a large baking dish. Pour the oil over the lamb, then squeeze each of the lemon halves over the lamb. Season with the salt and pepper, and then sprinkle the oregano generously on top.
- Cover and let the lamb marinate in the refrigerator for at least and hour, turning the skewers every 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill or broiler. Grill the lamb over a high flame until crispy on the outside and medium rare inside.
- Serving suggestions: with Rice or with freshly chopped tomatoes and toasted Pita bread.