Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A healthy sweeter and spicy soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, diced, peeled
- 1 cup potato, diced, peeled
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened but not browned. Add sweet potatoes and potatoes; cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add stock; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a blenderor food processor, puree potato mixture in batches; returnt o pan. Add corn, red pepper and jalapeno pepper; cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve soup garnished with cialntro.