Recipe by venus2
Crescent Dragonwagon, beloved vegetarian genius is responsible for this out of this world potatoe salad. We love it at Cinco de Mayo celebrations.
- 1 large sweet potato, baked & cooled
- 2 lbs small red potatoes or 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1 lb small purple potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 serrano chili, seeded & finely diced
- 1 poblano chile, roasted,peeled & diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 box silken tofu
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- parsley (to garnish)
- cilantro (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook purple& red potatoes in separate pots until tender (about 15 min).
- Drain well, do not peel& keep warm.
- Toast the cumin in a skillet about 3 minutes.
- Put in alarge bowl with the chiles& onion.
- Combine thedressing ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Add to bowl.
- Slice potatoes and add to dressing in bowl.
- Add salt& pepper to taste& toss lightly.
- Add chopped sweet potato& tomates and toss lightly again.
- Garnish with parsley& cilantro.
- Serve warm or refrigerate for several hours.