Recipe by h.glenda
This recipe is easy and tastes delicious. I found it on the box of Golden Grain seashell pasta. Hope you like it!
Top Review by Cluich
This was really good! And it's very filling, too. I just finished a bowl of it, and I can barely move! I think next time I might add a 2.25-oz. can of sliced black olives for even more flavor, maybe some extra salsa as well. Thanks for posting!
- 12 ounces shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook chicken until lightly browned. Sprinkle with flour and stir while cooking for 1 more minute.
- Reduce heat, slowly add the milk and cook for about 5 minutes or until milk is slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat, add one cup cheese, corn, salsa and green chilies. Add in hot pasta and mix well.
- Place in lightly greased baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake 20-25 minutes.