1/2 Photos of Southwestern Shells With Chicken and Corn
Chef #870928's Note:
This recipe is easy and tastes delicious. I found it on the box of Golden Grain seashell pasta. Hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
- 3Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook chicken until lightly browned. Sprinkle with flour and stir while cooking for 1 more minute.
- 4Reduce heat, slowly add the milk and cook for about 5 minutes or until milk is slightly thickened.
- 5Remove from heat, add one cup cheese, corn, salsa and green chilies. Add in hot pasta and mix well.
- 6Place in lightly greased baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Shells With Chicken and Corn
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.8
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 66.2 mg
- Sodium 412.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 30.0 g