Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Salsa Con Queso (jarred salsa with nacho cheese sauce) makes this a quick and creative pizza.
Make and share this Southwestern Pizza Con Queso recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) packageprebaked thin crust pizza crusts
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 3 tablespoons southwest seasoning, mix (could substiute taco seasoning)
- 2⁄3 cup prepared monterey jack cheese, salsa con queso dip
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place pizza crust top side down on a baking sheet, bake 4-5 minutes or until crust is golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven, and turn crust top side up.
- Shred chicken, and add oil to heat over medium heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering.
- Cut bell peppers and onion into thin slices.
- Add bell peppers, onion, and seasoning mix to a mixing bowl, toss to coat.
- Add vegetable mixture to skillet, cook 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add chicken, cook 1 minute, or until heated through. Remove skillet from heat.
- Spread salsa con queso dip over crust to within 1 inch of edges.
- Top evenly with chicken mixture, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, and cut into wedges.
Great pizza. I made my own cheese sauce by melting Mexican cheese and a can of Rotel, made my own thin crust pizza dough and used a leftover chicken breast. Turned out great.
I made this pizza on Monday (along with enchiladas), and we loved it. The only thing I did differently from the recipe is that I only used 1/2 of a green bell pepper and 1/2 of a red. I used regular taco seasoning. My oven was is still not working, so we baked this on a pizza pan on the grill (indirect heat), and it turned out great! I plan to make this again, whether my oven works or not... the grill worked just fine and made it nice and crispy. Thank you for posting your recipe. (Made for PRMR)