Recipe by weekend cooker
Salsa Con Queso (jarred salsa with nacho cheese sauce) makes this a quick and creative pizza.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
Great pizza. I made my own cheese sauce by melting Mexican cheese and a can of Rotel, made my own thin crust pizza dough and used a leftover chicken breast. Turned out great.
- 1 (10 ounce) packageprebaked thin crust pizza crusts
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 3 tablespoons southwest seasoning, mix (could substiute taco seasoning)
- 2⁄3 cup prepared monterey jack cheese, salsa con queso dip
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place pizza crust top side down on a baking sheet, bake 4-5 minutes or until crust is golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven, and turn crust top side up.
- Shred chicken, and add oil to heat over medium heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering.
- Cut bell peppers and onion into thin slices.
- Add bell peppers, onion, and seasoning mix to a mixing bowl, toss to coat.
- Add vegetable mixture to skillet, cook 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add chicken, cook 1 minute, or until heated through. Remove skillet from heat.
- Spread salsa con queso dip over crust to within 1 inch of edges.
- Top evenly with chicken mixture, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, and cut into wedges.