Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Convenient omelet recipe made with my favorite "gadget" of the moment, the Ziploc Steam Bags. Hubby and I are collecting recipes for this and it's made life quick, easy and more healthy for us.
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice cheese, chopped into small pieces (about 2 Tablespoons) or 29.58 ml shredded cheese
- 29.58 ml chopped tomatoes
- 14.79 ml diced chile
- 29.58 ml heavy cream
- 4.92 ml butter
- 2.46 ml hot sauce (to taste)
- 0.25 ml salt, to taste (about 1/16 teaspoon (or more)
- Fold top edge of a Medium or Large Ziploc® Brand Zip 'n Steam™ bag out and down to keep bag open. Crack 2 eggs directly into bag. (Alternately, crack eggs into small bowl and pour into bag.)
- Add the rest of ingredients to bag.
- Seal bag.
- Squeeze eggs to break yolks. Continue squeezing or gently shaking bag until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Place bag in microwave. Cook on full power for 2 1/2 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked and firm throughout, with no liquid egg remaining. If needed, continue microwaving at 30-second intervals until omelet is done.
- Allow bag to stand for 1 minute before opening.
- Carefully open bag and slide out omelet.
- Fold omelet and place on flour tortilla. Spoon sour cream and salsa on omelet. Fold tortilla over omelet and serve.
I followed the recipe as listed. Full of flavor. The eggs cooked evenly. I laid the steamer bag flat. The texture was spongy throughout and soggy on the bottom. Convenient way of cooking eggs, but I rather use a pan. Thanks.