Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from my mom.I added a few ingredients to it to change it up a little. My husband loves it!!!!!
- 2 frozen deep dish pie shells
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger meat
- 1 (8 ounce) package colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Brown hamburger meat.
- Add chopped onions.
- Cook until meat is browned.
- Add green chiles, Ro-tel tomatoes, black beans, cumin and chili powder.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Beat eggs in a bowl.
- Add salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add sour cream and whisk together.
- Add egg mixture to the meat mixture and stir to blend together.
- Add shredded cheese.
- Pour equal amount of mixture into the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
Different than regular quiche. DH wasn't nuts aout it, my guests said they loved it. I used cheddar cheese and halfed the rotel and black beans. I probably will stick with chicken or bacon quiches in the future. It was fun for a change. Thanks. P.S. I thought it was better cold!
My family and I really enjoyed this recipe. I omitted the chilis and added sweet green pepper instead. The quiche browned very fast. I only baked it for 55 minutes because I thought it was going to burn. I will make this again! I also used light sour cream without any problem!