Recipe by scott
I got this from a Pillsbury cookbook and it's got a great southwestern flavor to it. Very easy to make, the whole family loves it except that we leave out the bell pepper to keep the kids happy. I like it better with it in, so I recommend sticking with the recipe.
- 2 cups chicken, chopped and cooked
- 3⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1 (10 7/8 ounce) can biscuits, flaky
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Grease 8-inch square baking dish.
- In large bowl, combine chicken, bell pepper, corn, cumin, black beans and gravy; mix well. Spoon into greased baking dish.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes. Remove baking dish from oven and lower temp to 350°F Arrange biscuits over chicken mixture: sprinkle biscuits with chili powder. Sprinkle cheese over chicken mixture around biscuits.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 18 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and mixture is hot. Garnish with cilantro.