Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this from a Pillsbury cookbook and it's got a great southwestern flavor to it. Very easy to make, the whole family loves it except that we leave out the bell pepper to keep the kids happy. I like it better with it in, so I recommend sticking with the recipe.
- 2 cups chicken, chopped and cooked
- 3⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1 (10 7/8 ounce) can biscuits, flaky
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 400°F Grease 8-inch square baking dish.
- In large bowl, combine chicken, bell pepper, corn, cumin, black beans and gravy; mix well. Spoon into greased baking dish.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes. Remove baking dish from oven and lower temp to 350°F Arrange biscuits over chicken mixture: sprinkle biscuits with chili powder. Sprinkle cheese over chicken mixture around biscuits.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 18 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and mixture is hot. Garnish with cilantro.
This was delicious! Even my coworkers had to try some (and loved it) when I brought it for lunch the next day. I put a dab of sour cream on it before I eat it..mmmmm
This is pretty good. I think I used the wrong size can of biscuits as all my biscuits were touching and there was no room between for the cheese in the 8' square pan. Next time I may try an 11x7 pan since the biscuits were doughy on the bottom, especially the middle ones; either that or use a smaller can of biscuits. Overall, the flavor was very good, I added chili powder to the chicken mixture as well, not just on top of the biscuits. I sprinkled the cheese over top of everything. Thanks for sharing this one!