Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from a gal at work and loved it. It was from a cookbook she has Easy Weeknight Suppers is all I know. I also used boneless skinless chicken breasts and it was still great.
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- Rub 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix on chicken.
- Combine remaining taco seasoning mix, salsa, and water in large skillet; top mixture with chicken.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduceheat, and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Stir in rice, beans, and cheese; cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes.
- Top with chicken. Serve with sour cream.
Hey, tried this last night and even though I read it wrong and put the rice in during step 2, both my teens liked it! So did and I'll be making it again. Lots of flavor and very quick and easy. Thanks for a nice weeknight option.