Recipe by Nursebarb
A tasty appetizer - a little work, but man, are they good! Do not sub margarine for butter! As far as the pepper jelly - you control the heat - we like them pretty hot! (us Texans....!!) I believe I got these out of Southern Living yearrrrssss ago. I hope you enjoy them! Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 cup flour
- 4 ounces jalapeno jack cheese, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut into chunks
- 3 1⁄2-4 tablespoons pepper jelly
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put flour in bowl of food processor.
- Add cheese and butter chunks.
- Pulse processor 6 times until butter and cheese are coarsely chopped.
- Run processor steadily until dough forms a ball.
- Chill dough for at least one hour.
- On floured board, roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut dough into 20 2-inch rounds.
- Place 1/4 teaspoon pepper jelly in the middle of each round.
- Brush edges with egg wash made of 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water.
- Fold dough over jelly and seal.
- Bake at 375 degrees 12-15 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cool (but really good warm!).
- May be frozen - to reheat, bake 5 minutes at 375 degrees.