Almost Cheese Danish Turnovers
photo by Lindas Busy Kitchen
- Ready In:
- 2 slices whole grain bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon sugar (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out bread with a rolling pin until flattened to about 1/16 of an inch.
- Stir together both cheeses, sugar and cinnamon until smooth.
- Brush some of the butter on the edges of the bread.
- Mound one half of the cheese mixture in the middle of each piece of bread.
- Fold over the bread to form a triangle and enclose the filling. Pinch the edges of the bread firmly together to form a seal.
- Arrange in one layer on a small baking sheet and brush the top of each turnover with the remaining butter.
- Bake the turnovers in the middle of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until pale golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I liked the taste, but I'm not sure if I would make them again. I wasn't crazy about the texture of the filling, but that is just a personal preference. Please make them yourself and form your own opinion :) I don't think they tasted at all like a danish. Also, there was too much filling that popped open the bread during baking, as you can see in the photos. Made for Newest Zaar Stars Tag Game. Linda
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello from suburban Fort Worth, Texas! <br /> <br /><br /> <br />______________________________________________ <br /> <br /> <br />*My rating system defined* <br /> <br />Very few recipes really knock my socks off - I love to cook but am not a gourmet. <br />This said: <br /> <br />***** - met all my expectations in taste & appearance; directions were clear & easy to follow. <br /> <br />**** - fell slightly short of my expectations in taste or appearance or directions were faulty or not completely clear. <br /> <br />*** - mediocre taste and/or appearance; most likely a recipe that I would not use again without much modification. <br /> <br />** - taste and/or appearance was not to my liking; a recipe that I would not attempt to modify or use again. <br /> <br />* - taste was absolutely not to my liking (I can't imagine ever using this rating as I can generally tell by the ingredients if I will enjoy the finished product or not) <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/chefbanner1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/scmurray51/hagshat.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><br /> </p>