Recipe by jeep chick
This recipe came from a member of my fitness club.
Top Review by Meredith C-ville
Quick, easy, tasty, and healthy. I used a 12-oz jar of roasted peppers. I added the peppers and the chilies to the puree at the very end so that they would not be completely destroyed. I used a 14-oz can of diced tomatoes (drained well) since good tomatoes are hard to find right now. I just stirred them in at the end. I served this warm on crisp crackery bread and added some shredded sharp cheddar on top and put it under the broiler for a few minutes. It was all very yummy. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, rinsed & drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced & drained
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream or 1⁄2 cup soy sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor or blender, process beans, peppers, chilies, lime juice, garlic, cumin and onion powder for 15-20 seconds.
- Spread mixture evenly in a serving plate or shallow bowl.
- Drop sour cream by spoonfuls and spread over surface.
- Top with diced tomato.
- Serve with celery sticks or other fresh veggies of baked pita chips.