Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
from Good Housekeeping Light and Healthy Cookbook
- 1 (15 -19 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Progresso Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- cooking spray
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- mild salsa
- In a large bowl, with potato masher or fork, mash beans with mayonnaise until almost smooth (some lumps of beans should remain).
- Stir in cilantro , bread crumbs, cumin, and pepper sauce until combined.
- With lightly floured hands, shape bean mixture into patties.
- Spray both sides of patty lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add patties and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- With wide spatula flip patty and cook until heated through, 3 minutes longer.
- Arrange lettuce on pitas; top with burgers, then salsa.
A good healthy dinner. I would suggest adding the mayo gradually, until you get the texture needed to make patties, or it ends up a bit too soft to work with. We've made this several times and will make it again. Thanks for posting!