Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from the Bon Appetit magazine, July 2003.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed tortilla chips (crushed in resealable plastic bag with mallet)
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix up, form into patties and grill or cook in a pan on the stove.
These burgers were outstanding! I have been trying to incorporate more lean ground turkey in our diet and it sometimes meets with some grumbling from the troops! But these were gobbled up and they complained that I hadn't made more! LOL I used doritos for the tortilla chips and substitued a package of taco seasoning for the spices (only because I worked late and was particularly lazy :) We melted pepperjack cheese on them and served with salsa and sour cream...VERY GOOD! Thanks so much for posting!