Recipe by Kazinsky
I have a large family so this recipe is going to make enough to feed 5-6 people. It is easy, but no low fat. This recipe can be made vegetarian as well.
Top Review by Susie D
I liked the combination of ingredients and was happy with the overall flavor. However, the recipe instructions are lacking and might be confusing for a beginner cook so my star rating reflects that. The directions don't mention where to add the rotel/ salsa. I used rotel tomatoes and utilized the juice as part of the required liquid in the taco seasoning. I also added chopped green onions and cilantro.
- 2 -3 large chicken breasts
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 2 cups cooked spanish rice
- 1 (6 ounce) can corn
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies (optional) or 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can salsa (optional)
- 30 egg roll wraps
- 1 (16 ounce) packageof shredded cheese, i like sharp cheddar cheese
- sauces for dipping may include sour cream or salsa or guacamole
Directions See How It's Made
- cook your chicken breasts whole (boil, bake or fry).
- cook your spanish rice.
- cut up cooked chicken breasts against the grain to shred it.
- put chicken in pan with taco seasoning cook as directed on packet.
- in a big mixing bowl combine chicken, cheese, cooked rice, black beans, and corn.
- heat crisco over med-high heat.
- wrap mixed food in egg roll wrapper.
- fry until golden brown. the only thing you are cooking is the outside, the inside is already cooked.
- serve with dipping sauces for appetizer or main dish.