Recipe by Ms. DMAC
This is a wonderful appetizer. I love to make this before another Mexican main dish.
- 2 (6 ounce) cansdrained and squeezed dry white crabmeat
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (French's Gourmayo Smoked Chipotle)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except crabmeat and oil; blend well.
- Gently fold in crabmeat; avoid breaking lumps of crabmeat.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup, divide mixture into 6 portions. Shape cakes into 2 1/2 x 1/2-inch cakes.
- Add enough oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet (about ? cup). Heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Gently add the crab cakes; fry each side until deep golden brown (about 4 to 5 minutes per side).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.