Ms. DMAC's Note:
This is a wonderful appetizer. I love to make this before another Mexican main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) cans drained and squeezed dry white crabmeat
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (French's Gourmayo Smoked Chipotle)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 garlic powder
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except crabmeat and oil; blend well.
- 2Gently fold in crabmeat; avoid breaking lumps of crabmeat.
- 3Using a 1/3 measuring cup, divide mixture into 6 portions. Shape cakes into 2 1/2 x 1/2-inch cakes.
- 4Add enough oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet (about ? cup). Heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- 5Gently add the crab cakes; fry each side until deep golden brown (about 4 to 5 minutes per side).
- 6Drain on paper towels.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.3
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 60.3 mg
- Sodium 605.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: