A little more work than your usual grilled chicken, but worth the effort.
Make and share this Southwest Chicken Breast recipe from Food.com.
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml fresh tarragon, snipped or 1.23 ml dried tarragon, crushed
- 1.23 ml salt
- 566.99 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, 6 halves
- 2 small avocados, pitted, peeled & chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 29.58 ml green chili peppers, seeded & finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh cilantro, snipped
- 14.79 ml honey
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- For marinade: Combine wine, oil, tarragon & salt. Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in plastic bag set into a shallow dish. Add marinade; seal bag. Turn chicken to coat well. Chill for 2 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine avocados, tomato, garlic, chili peppers (I usually used the canned ones), onions, cilantro, honey & lemon juice. Toss well to mix. Cover & chill up to 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade. Grill chicken on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 5 minute Turn chicken & brush with marinade; grill for 7 to 10 minutes more or until chicken is tender & no longer pink. Serve with avocado mixture.
- To grill by indirect heat: Arrange preheated coals around a drip pan in a covered grill. Test for medium heat above the pan. Place chicken on grill over drip pan. Cover & grill for 15 to 18 minutes or until chicken is tender & no longer pink, brushing with marinade up to the last 5 minutes of grilling.