Recipe by zeldaz51
Like a mild chili but soupier, a recipe adapted from "Living the G. I. Diet". Substitute whatever canned beans you have on hand, or turkey for the chicken. If using previously cooked chicken, add it at the end to heat through, or it will overcook.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (use a product with green chiles if you like a spicier experience)
- 2 bell peppers, diced (any colors you prefer)
- 12 ounces boneless raw chicken, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat, add the onion through cumin and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, peppers, and beans and bring to a boil.Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the chicken. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 8 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink inside. Add the cilantro and lime juice before serving.