Prep 3 mins
Cook 22 mins
Official contest entry: Simply Potatoes 5 Fix. I made this recipe because it was easy and quick yet flavorful. I found that using a heavy non-stick skillet works best since no oil will be needed making for a healthier meal.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns
- 1 (10 ounce) package soy chorizo
- 4 ounces canned diced mild green chilies
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas (prepackaged)
- 1 cup kraft shredded reduced fat 2% cheddar cheese
- In large non-stick skillet, brown southwest hash browns on medium high heat for 9 minutes stirring occasionally.
- While the potatoes are cooking add the Soy Chorizo to a medium size non-stick skillet. Cook on medium high for 7 minutes stirring often.
- Add green chilies to the Soy Chorizo and cook for an additional 7 minutes stirring often.
- Add the Soy Chorizo mixture to the skillet of potatoes mixing well.
- Heat flour tortillas in a small non-stick skillet 30 seconds on each side.
- Put 1/2 cup of potato and soy mixture in each tortilla.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cheese to each tortilla, fold over then serve.