A lot of folks simply open a couple of cans of green beans, heat, add a bit of butter...and wonder why no one eats them! This simple little "tweak" turns them into a delicious, satisfying side that'll change the way you think of canned green beans.
- Cook the bacon in a heavy sauce pan (do not crisp the bacon, just cook enough to extract the drippings). Remove from heat.
- Empty the 2 cans of cut green beans into the sauce pan directly on top of the cooked bacon and drippings.
- Add salt to taste and then the 1/4 teaspoons of minced garlic. Stir well and return to heat.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to med-low, cover, and simmer for at least 30 minutes (1 hour is better).
- Serve and enjoy.
- NOTE - Use good quality canned green beans. My family prefers "flat beans" (Cut Italian Green Beans), but regular cut will taste just as good.