Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Southern Living magazine.
- 1⁄2-1 lb fresh sugar snap pea
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 large avocado
- 1 bunch fresh watercress, torn
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and sliced
- 12 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- fresh ground pepper
- fresh edible flower, if desired
Blue Cheese Buttermilk Dressing
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 -4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cook peas in boiling water to cover 2 to 3 minutes; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and set aside.
- Cut iceberg lettuce into 6 wedges.
- Coarsely chop eggs.
- Remove and discard pulp from tomatoes, and cut into thin strips.
- Dice avocado.
- Arrange watercress evenly on 6 salad plates.
- Top with peas, chopped eggs, tomato strips, avocado, and chicken, sprinkle with bacon.
- Place a lettuce wedge on each plate.
- To prepare dressing stir together all ingredients in a bowl.
- Drizzle with Blue Cheese Buttermilk Dressing; sprinkle with pepper and garnish with edible flowers if desired.