This is my go-to recipe when company is coming. Everyone who tries this chicken thinks it is absolutely delicious. I just love it! It is my favorite recipe to eat and to make. I serve it with a light salad, my Garlic Butter New Potatoes (also posted), and some lightly roasted asparagus. I have also used boneless, skinless chicken thighs in the past instead of the chicken breasts. This adds great flavor. I believe I made 5-6 thighs. I took this recipe from Southern Living magazine, and it is also in their Ultimate Quick and Easy cookbook. Enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- lemon slice
- fresh tarragon sprig
- Place chicken between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoons each of salt and white pepper; sprinkle over both sides of flattened chicken.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook five minutes on each side or until done. Remove from skillet, and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add lemon juice to the skillet, and cook over for thirty seconds, stirring to loosen particles from the bottom of the skillet.
- Add cream and next five ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- I always place the chicken on a serving plate, and then pour the sauce over the chicken. I then garnish with lemon slices and tarragon sprigs.