Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese has an ample amount of protein to be a meatless main dish. Couple it with a steaming bowl of tomato soup for a balanced, whoesome supper.
My Private Note
bowls o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Prepare pasta according to package directions. Keep warm.
- 3Melt butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in salt, peppers, 1 cup shredded cheese and cooked pasta.
- 4Spoon pasta mixture into 4 lightly greased (8-ounce) ramekins; top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- 5Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Living's Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.3
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 91.8 mg
- Sodium 746.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 26.4 g