Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese has an ample amount of protein to be a meatless main dish. Couple it with a steaming bowl of tomato soup for a balanced, whoesome supper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Keep warm.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in salt, peppers, 1 cup shredded cheese and cooked pasta.
- Spoon pasta mixture into 4 lightly greased (8-ounce) ramekins; top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.