Recipe by CeeGee
A good basic chili recipe I have been making for years. We like to serve with toppings of sour cream and/or shredded cheese.
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground basil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, garlic and gound beef in hot oil until browned, drain well.
- Combine 1/4 cup of boiling water and chili powder, stirring well until dissolved.
- Add tomatoes, salt, oregano, basil and chili powder mixture to meat mixture.
- Cover and simmer about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add 3/4 cup of water and beans to meat mixture.
- Simmer 25 to 30 minutes longer.