Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Mild, creamy and delicious!!!! *Make sure you use seasoned mashed potatoes, and taste test before filling pie shell and baking to add additional salt or pepper to taste.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 3 -4 large leeks, depending on how big they are
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups seasoned mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Wash leeks, cut off tops, leaving 2 inches of the leaves. Trim off roots.
- Cut leeks into thin rings.
- Saute in butter and garlic. Set aside.
- In a bowl, blend/stir cottage cheese and and beaten eggs.
- Stir in potatoes, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Fold in leeks.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and dash with paprika.
- Bake in 425 oven for 40-45 minutes.