Recipe by hollyfrolly
My dad's favorite thing to eat in the world. My grandmother has been making this pie for so many years and it has been a favorite of many, many people. This recipe was published by her church's cookbook- The Cherokee Hills Baptist Church, Cookbook IV, Our Favorite Recipes- Women's Ministry, 2007.
- 1 pie crust, 9 inch, uncooked
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour, rounded
- 1⁄4 cup Dark Karo syrup
- 3⁄4 cup light Karo syrup
- 2 tablespoons oleo, melted
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, halved, for top of pie
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- Beat eggs.
- Add sugar and flour until sugar is dissolved.
- Add syrup, melted butter, pecans and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Beginning at outer edge of filling, place a row of pecan halves around top. Continue with other rounds until top is covered.
- Carefully place pie in oven.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350.
- Make a tent of aluminum foil; place over pie. Be careful not to touch filling!
- Bake around one more hour, or until filling is set.
- Remove from oven.