Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is real southern fried chicken!
Make and share this Southern Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Fill large skillet almost half full with oil.
- Heat to 350°F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Mix milk, eggs, and chili sauce together in a shallow bowl.
- In a separate bowl place flour.
- Dip chicken in milk mixture coating all of the chicken.
- Let excess mixture drip off chicken.
- Dredge chicken in flour coating the whole piece.
- Place chicken in heated oil dark meat first.
- Turn chicken over to ensure even cooking.
- Cook until golden brown and juices run clear.
- Serve with my roasted garlic mashed potatoes.
- Tips- Don't let chicken sit after coating it with flour because the coating will turn out soggy. Make sure you turn the chicken often to avoid burning. Your dark meat will take longer to cook than your white meat. When buying the chili sauce, look in the international foods isle. The chili sauce I prefer is on the Japanese shelf. Careful, that stuff is HOT.
Made for PAC Spring 08 MMmmm GOOD! Tender succulent chicken in a crispy flavourful coating. Very simple to prepare and enjoyed by the whole family.