Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3⁄4 lb cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- 8 eggs
- salt (to taste)
- white pepper (to taste)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Break the cream cheese into small pieces and spread in a buttered baking dish.
- Bake the cream cheese until soft.
- Remove from the oven and stir in cream.
- Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Break 6 of the eggs over the top and beat until completely blended.
- Cover dish and return to oven until mixture is very well heated.
- Break two fresh eggs on top of the mixture and sprinkle with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Return to oven and cook until the whites begin to set.
- Remove and beat briskly for several minutes.
- The mixture should be light and fluffy.
- Serve immediately with hot toast points.