Recipe by Recipe Baroness
Yet another recipe from Charleston Receipts cook book! These guys are awesome, and so southern. We pop em in the mouth with when we have barbecues, and find that they are a great accompaniment for the cooked pig.
- 6 fresh ears of corn (or a can cream style corn)
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fat or oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oil or fat to about 360F in a fryer or deep pan.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Beat egg yolks.
- Add corn, flour and seasonings.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites followed by the baking powder.
- By teaspoonfuls, drop into hot oil or fat.
- Fry until golden, pull out and cool on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.