Recipe by Rita~
Tart Granny Smiths balance the caramel sweetness of brown sugar and Southern Comfort.
Top Review by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
These were not eaten- they were INHALED! DH and DD adored this recipe and wanted more. MY chops were larger- 1 in thick- so I had to adjust the cooking time and my sauce became much browner. They dont like nuts so I didnt garnish with them but they didnt miss them at all. The apple/pork/spice combo was a hit! Awesome recipe Rita. I
- 1 teaspoon dried sage or 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless center cut pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Southern Comfort
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cups granny smith apples (peeled,1/2-inch slices)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon, juice and zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- fresh sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients, and sprinkle over the pork.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pork; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove the pork from pan. Cover and keep warm.
- Deglaze pan with Southern Comfort.
- Add butter to pan over medium heat with ginger and apples and remaining ingredients, and cook 5-8 minutes or until tender and sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Serve pork topped with the apples.