Recipe by Mistress of Tea
My fiance and I eat at this little country restaurant that serves corn muffins with broccoli in them and they are to die for, especially for a broccoli lover like me. They also aren't open to sharing recipes... so this is my best approximation on how they make it (with onions and cheese added). I tried this on my fiance and his brother and it got good reviews... so I am satisfied.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (reduced fat works too)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw and drain broccoli
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine first three ingredients, mix thoroughly.
- Stir in onion and broccoli
- Sprinkle in cheese and continue mixing, batter will be lumpy.
- Pour mix into muffin tin or square baking pan (I use an 8x8).
- Bake at 400 degrees until golden brown and solid in the middle.
- NOTE: Bake time may not be exact, my old oven is a little "off".