Recipe by brbrca
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. I wanted to make an orzo salad for lunch, but didn't have the ingredients on hand that I make it with. Working with what I had in the refridgerator and pantry I came up with this salad. Depending on your tase you can use the mild or hot jalapenos. If you are not going to serve this salad right away, remove1/4 of the dressing before you add the rest of the ngredients to it. Stir it in right before serving to freshen the salad up. Also run the orzo under cold water after cooking it and drain it well.
- 236.59 ml Greek yogurt
- 14.79 ml Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 453.59 g orzo pasta, cooked
- 29.58 ml shallots, diced
- 439.41 g black beans, rinsed and drained
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 226.79 g colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 44.37 ml pickled jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh black pepper
- 709.77 ml spinach leaves, torn into bite size pieces
- 236.59 ml grape tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl whisk together the yogurt,origional ranch seasoning mix , zest, and juice of the lemons.
- Stir in the orzo, shallots, black beans, chicken breast, cheese, jalapnos, salt, and pepper until well mixed. Toss in the spinach and tomatoes right before serving.