Recipe by Normaone
This is a yummy change of pace recipe that would be nice with a little salsa on the side. Although, technically, it's not a real souffle', it's quick to put together and suitable for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or a light supper. I've made it many times on various houseboat trips!
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup corn oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine corn, eggs, oil, and milk.
- Mix cornmeal, salt, and soda together and add to milk mixture, blend well.
- Pour half the batter into a 1-quart casserole, spread the chilies on top and sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Pour remaining batter over and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.