1/2 Photos of South of the Border Coffee
This should be made with the cone-shaped raw sugar called piloncillo, but you may substitute dark brown sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat water.
- 2Add piloncillo, chocolate, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- 3Bring to a full boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 4Stir in coffee or add coffee in a bouquet garni bag for easy removal.
- 5Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in vanilla extract.
- 7Strain through a double thickness of cheesecloth or, better yet, use a bouquet garni bag for the coffee, then just remove the bag of grounds.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South of the Border Coffee
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 10.5
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
regular grind coffee