Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This should be made with the cone-shaped raw sugar called piloncillo, but you may substitute dark brown sugar.
- 1892.72 ml water
- 3 small piloncillo cones (panocha)
- 14.17 g baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 whole cloves
- 59.14-118.29 ml regular grind coffee
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- Heat water.
- Add piloncillo, chocolate, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a full boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in coffee or add coffee in a bouquet garni bag for easy removal.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Strain through a double thickness of cheesecloth or, better yet, use a bouquet garni bag for the coffee, then just remove the bag of grounds.
- Serve immediately.
This was soo good Wineaux. I loved it, great texture and flavor. A nice sweet, rich, deep, dark, smooth, thick, mocha coffee. I really enjoyed the spices and vanilla in this tasty coffee. Thanks so much for sharing. I can't wait to have this again.