Posted for the Zaar Tour 2006. The recipe specifies that this should be served with "cream sauce" but does not give the recipe for that. I suggested sweetened cream or warm custard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Buy one those slabs of un-iced cake in a supermarket for this.
- 2Pour the warm milk over the cake crumbs and leave for 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 deg F/180 deg. Celsius.
- 4Whisk milk mixture to make sure there are no clumps. You could put it in a processor to get a really smooth mixture.
- 5Add all the other ingredients to the milk mixture.
- 6Mix well, and pour into either greased individual bowls, or into a large greased oven dish.
- 7Place the bowl(s) in a pan with water (which comes about 1/3 up the sides) and bake about 40 minutes or until set.
- 8Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- 9Turn out and serve with a cream or butter sauce. (Whatever that means. I copied this from "Cook and Enjoy It", the South African cooking bible!).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South African Banana Cake Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.5
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 175.7 mg
- Sodium 258.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: