1/1 Photo of Sourdough Sandwich Buns (Schlotzsky Style)
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 50 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
While searching the web looking for Schlotzsky's Sourdough Bread recipe I came across this on King Arthur's site. I think it's very close to the roll that they use on their original muffaletta sandwich. They are scrumptious and so easy to make! They're somewhere between a roll and an english muffin. Note that their direction require baking in english muffin rings (or similar).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all of the ingredients together -- by hand, mixer, or in a bread machine or food processor -- just until the dough comes together; it will remain slightly sticky and soft.
- 2Remove dough from bowl onto a well-floured surface, and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- 3Roll the dough into a 16 1/2 x 8 1/2-inch rectangle approximately 1/3 to 1/2-inch thick.
- 4Cut it into eight 3 3/4-inch (approximately) circles.
- 5Dust a baking sheet with cornmeal; grease the English muffin rings (or other round, metal rings approximately 3 3/4 inches in diameter), and place them on the baking sheet.
- 6Fill each ring with a piece of dough; sprinkle the tops with cornmeal.
- 7Place a baking sheet on top of the rings and dough, and let the buns rise for 40 minutes.
- 8Bake the buns in a preheated 375°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until they're lightly browned top and bottom.
- 9Remove them from the oven.
- 10After cooling for 10 minutes, remove rings move to wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Sandwich Buns (Schlotzsky Style)
Serving Size: 1 (739 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.1
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 478.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: