Recipe by Abby Girl
This biscuit are fast and easy when you have sourdough available. My brother came for a visit and I found him eating these for breakfast
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sourdough starter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour salt, sugar, baking powder, chili powder. Add shortening.
- Using a pastry blender, cut shortening into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add cheese and sourdough starter and combine. Turn out onto a floured counter and kneed with extra flour, if needed. Cut into biscuits.
- Bake in 400 oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden.