1/1 Photo of Sourdough Brown Bread
This is something I came up with when I had some leftover proofed sourdough starter that I needed to use up. And it turned out to be yummy! I used my KitchenAid mixer to mix and knead the dough, but I suppose you could make this dough in your bread machine, then pull it out, shape it and bake in the oven. Note: Prep time does not include rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using an ABM, place ingredients in bread machine pan in order according to the manufacturer's specifications.
- 2Select dough cycle and press start.
- 3If using KitchenAid mixer, or doing by hand, combine all ingredients and knead.
- 4Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and shape into desired loaf.
- 5Place in greased loaf pan and let rise, covered, until dough has doubled.
- 6Uncover and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until bread sounds hollow when tapped.
- 7Immediately remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.
- 8For a soft crust, brush top with melted butter.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Brown Bread
Serving Size: 1 (983 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2852.0
- Calories from Fat 446
- Total Fat 49.6 g
- Saturated Fat 28.4 g
- Cholesterol 125.7 mg
- Sodium 3920.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 529.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.6 g
- Sugars 64.3 g
- Protein 69.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: