Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
I made these doughnuts one morning and was very surprised at how good they turned out! They have a cake-like consistency and taste very similar to the fried kind. I will definitely make these again if I'm in the mood for something nice and sweet in the morning!
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix baking mix, 1/4 cup sugar, the nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cinnamin, the sour cream and the egg until soft dough forms.
- Smooth dough into a ball on floured surface and knead ten times.
- Roll out the dough and cut out 10-12 doughnuts w/ a cookie cutter.
- If you like, use a toothpick and make little holes in the middle of each doughnut.
- Place doughnuts on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix up the 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- When the doughnuts are finished cooking, immediately brush them entirely with the melted butter.
- Next, dip them in the sugar mixture, coating all sides.
- Serve warm.
These were not very good. My husband ate a couple, and said they were more like a sweet biscuit. I thought it tasted like taking a bite of potporri, all I could taste was the nutmeg. I followed the exact recipe. I was hoping that they would have been more moist and cake-like. Sorry! We were disappointed with this recipe!