I got this recipe from an old Southern Living cookbook. My family enjoys this casserole. I used Ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese, since my kids hated cottage cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook noodles in boiling salted water according to package directions.
- 2Rinse and drain.
- 3In skillet, brown meat in butter.
- 4Add salt, pepper and garlic salt, then tomato sauce.
- 5Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, chopped onion and noodles.
- 7Alternate layers of noodle mixture and meat mixture in a 2-quart casserole, beginning with noodles and ending with meat.
- 8Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream-Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.8
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 80.4 mg
- Sodium 688.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 19.9 g