Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
- 1 lb dried baby lima beans
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- Rinse beans and drain.
- Combine all but sour cream in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir beans, cover again and continue cooking on low for about 4 more hours or until tender.
- Stir in sour cream.
- This is a good overnight recipe.
- You can cook the first 8 hours, refrigerate, and cook the next 4 hours.
- (Let set out for about 1/2 hour before putting back in cooking unit).
- Before dinner, adding 1/2 hour more for chilled pot and contents.
- Then add sour cream before serving.