Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful filling that is delicious in either chocolate or white cake. It is rich and luscious and every one wants the recipe. Easy recipe, just take patience. It was my mother's recipe and didn't have any direction, but I think I know how it goes.
- Heat a double boiler to a nice simmer.
- Mix all the ingredients (except the nuts) together in a bowl. Mix up the sugar as best you can.
- Pour mixture in the double boiler and cook stirring fairly constantly until mixture is nice and thick but especially as it gets thicker.
- Cover with Saran Wrap and cool in the fridge until well chilled. Add nuts if you want them.
- I usually split my cake layer, either round, square or 9 X 13, and put filling in between the layers and then frost the cake. Makes almost 3 cups of filling. I love fluffy white frosting on any cake with this filling.