1/1 Photo of Sour Cream Cookies
These are a soft biscuit with a lovely subtle flavour. The glaze gives a zing of citrus. Diet friendly(ish). Australian measurements used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 60 g low-fat butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 200 deg Celsius. Less for fan-forced. Line 2 trays with non-stick paper.
- 2In a small bowl cream together butter, sugar and vanilla.
- 3Add egg yolk & beat well.
- 4Sift together flour, soda, salt and nutmeg.
- 5Fold half the sour cream and half the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Fold in remaining halves. Mix well to combine.
- 6With floured hands roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into small balls and place on prepared trays. Press lightly on top with a fork.
- 7Bake in oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until pale golden in colour. Cool slightly on trays before moving to wire racks to cool.
- 8Dip tops of biscuits in the Citrus Glaze.
- 9Citrus Glaze: Combine icing sugar, juices and orange rind in a cup. Place cup in saucepan of hot water, beat with fork until glossy. Pour into a saucer to make icing the biscuits easier.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (8 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 44
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 27.5
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 57.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: