Top Review by starsugarb
Yummy! In Texas, we call this a variation of Frito Pie. I used 98% lean beef, 2% milk cheddar, and low fat sour cream. Still tasted great, although the sour cream curdled a bit.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1 cup corn chips
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bround beef and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender, drain off excess grease.
- Stir in beans, tomato sauce, taco seasoning and cheese.
- Sprinkle two-thirds of corn chips in bottom of 8"x8"x2" baking dish.
- Cover with meat and bean mixture.
- Bake at 350F (175C) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Spread sour cream over top.
- Top with corn chips and cheese.
- Bake for 3 to 4 minutes.